Saint Gertrude is committed to providing a supportive learning environment that meets the needs of all girls and encourages them to build academic habits to be an excellent student. To that end, School Counselors and a Learning Specialist work in tandem to guide and support students academically, socially, and emotionally.
- School Counselors and the Learning Specialist meet with students on a drop-in and regularly scheduled basis.
- A dedicated Learning Specialist develops a comprehensive list of students with learning needs, reviews psycho-educational evaluations, and holds review meetings with families.
- The Learning Specialist works with students to help them develop and implement strategies for organization, study, note taking, test taking and self-advocacy in achieving their academic goals.
- The Learning Specialist collaborates with teachers to implement classroom accommodations and to monitor student progress.
- The Learning Specialist coordinates with the school counselors and academic dean to provide a variety of academic, social/emotional, and learner-centered services to students.
- The Academic Advising and Counseling Department provides a list of private tutors for students when needed.