Statistics continue to show that single-gender classes are an educational advantage for our girls.
At Saint Gertrude, your daughter can follow her ambitions without wasting a second thought on how her male counterparts might perceive her. Finding her voice, collaborating on projects, and excelling in academics will prepare her for life.
Did you know…
- Young women who attend all-girl schools outscore their counterparts from coeducational schools on the SAT. Mean SAT composite scores are 43 points higher for single-gender independent school graduates.*
- Girls’ school graduates report a higher level of self-confidence than their peers graduating from coed schools.
- Graduates of girls’ schools are six times more likely to consider majoring in math, science, and technology compared to girls who attend coed schools.
- Girls have the opportunity to occupy every leadership role available: every seat in student government; every office in a club; every position on a team; every part or behind-the-scenes responsibility in a production.
- Her world will continue to include boys – in extracurricular activities, at home, and on weekends, evenings, and holidays. Together, through the Benedictine Schools of Richmond, Saint Gertrude and Benedictine College Prep enjoy numerous social and faith-based traditions together.
*Sources available upon request.