Saint Gertrude is the only high school in the Richmond area where all classes are exclusively single gender. Statistics continue to show this as an educational advantage for our girls.
At Saint Gertrude, your daughter can follow her ambitions without wasting a second thought on how her male counterparts might perceive her. Finding her voice, collaborating on projects, and excelling in academics will prepare her for life.
Did you know…
- Young women who attend all-girl schools outscore their counterparts from coeducational schools on the SAT. Mean SAT composite scores are 43 points higher for single-gender independent school graduates.*
- Girls’ school graduates report a higher level of self-confidence than their peers graduating from coed schools.
- Graduates of girls’ schools are six times more likely to consider majoring in math, science, and technology compared to girls who attend coed schools.
- By subtracting boys from the school day equation, girls have the opportunity to occupy every leadership role available: every seat in student government; every office in a club; every position on a team; every part or behind-the-scenes responsibility in a production.
- Her world will continue to include boys – in extracurricular activities, at home, and on weekends, evenings, and holidays. Together, Saint Gertrude and Benedictine College Prep enjoy numerous social and faith-based traditions.
*Sources available upon request.