Positions will be posted as they become open. Continue to monitor this page for other opportunities.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter, and application to email@example.com. All teachers must be certified and endorsed in the subjects they teach. Please download and email the appropriate application below.
Saint Gertrude High School is always interested in adding tutors to our list. Please contact Rebecca Hoffmann, director of counseling services, to be added to our list of tutors.
Open Job Positions
Job Title: Latin Teacher
Reports to: Dean of Academics and Faculty
FLSA Status: Exempt, Part-time
Regular Hours: 7:50 – 3:15 M-F (during academic school year)
The position is part time and therefore employee is not eligible for benefits as described in the school’s employee handbook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• The successful candidate will demonstrate depth of knowledge of the subject matter, experience working with adolescents in an educational setting, a collaborative and student centered approach to pedagogy, and a growth mindset.
• The Latin teacher will excel in planning and delivering instruction to develop students’ understanding; differentiating instruction to engage all students; utilizing appropriate technology to facilitate instruction; preparing meaningful and appropriate assessments
• Conducts record keeping and prepares progress reports in adherence to school policy
• Professionally represents the school in interactions with parents, community, staff and students
• Participates in departmental and whole school meetings and professional development activities
• Communicates with parents and colleagues in regards to student progress
• Core duties for this position include teaching Latin II, Latin III, and a combination class of Latin IV/V
• Fulfills additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Latin or Classics; Masters degree preferred
• Valid Virginia teaching license
• Prior classroom experience teaching students in grades 9-12, independent school experience preferred
• Proficiency in the use of computer software and programs including Learning Management Systems and the G Suite for Education
All prospective employees must consent to a background screening conducted by the school; employment is conditional on satisfactory results of the screening. Employees of Saint Gertrude High School must complete Virtus, a Diocesan-based child abuse training. This is a ten-month teaching position and faculty report to work in mid-August 2018.
Saint Gertrude High School is an independent all-girl 9-12 Catholic institution governed by the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Inc. We are committed to maintaining the framework of Catholic doctrine in the classroom and in all school activities. As a condition of employment, each faculty and staff member must affirm their belief in God, agree to support the teachings of the Catholic Church, and to support and model the mission and values of Saint Gertrude High School and the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Inc. — including community, hospitality, and stewardship — in all that we do.
Nothing in this job description restricts the school’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the school may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
To apply, please complete application and supplement and forward along with cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references (will only be contacted with candidate’s permission) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Saint Gertrude High School:
Founded in 1922 by the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Saint Gertrude is an independent, all girl Catholic school defined by an innovative and rigorous liberal arts curriculum and a commitment to the Benedictine values of hospitality, stewardship and community service. The school attracts a diverse student population (approximately 250 students), and 100% of its graduates move on to university education. Saint Gertrude is located in the heart of the historic Museum District of Richmond, Virginia, allowing it to utilize a wide variety city institutions as “learning laboratories.”
Saint Gertude does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Veteran or member of the Reserves or National Guard.