Positions will be posted as they become open. Continue to monitor this page for other opportunities.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All teachers must be certified and endorsed in the subjects they teach. Please download and email the appropriate application below.
Saint Gertrude High School is always interested in adding tutors to our list. Please contact Rebecca Hoffmann, director of counseling services, to be added to our list of tutors.
Open Job Positions
Job Title: Director of School Counseling
Reports to: Dean of Faculty and Academics
FLSA Status: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt; 11 Month Position
Saint Gertrude High School seeks a dynamic, collaborative, and experienced full-time school counselor to work as the director of the school counseling department and the primary college counselor for the school. The director of school counseling supports, develops, and implements a comprehensive school counseling program based on the ASCA National Model and Saint Gertrude student identified needs.
– Demonstrate the ability to lead a team and work collaboratively on a daily basis
– Supervise a dynamic and innovative counseling program, providing a developmental, personalized approach to each student
– Deliver programs for students and their families that support, guide, and enhance their knowledge of the college application process and college admission trends
– Collaborate with administration and faculty on curricular matters and courses
– Coordinate the scheduling process and construct the school’s master schedule
– Advise students in academic programs, course selection, and programs of study
– Collaborate with administration and faculty on student progress and personal well being
– Monitor student academic performance
– Facilitate the Academic Review program for SGHS students in collaboration with Academic Dean
– Understand and interpret data as it relates to individual students, academic advising and college admission
– Coordinate and implement school wide testing programs
– Lead the SGHS scholarship committee and facilitate Awards Day
– Coordinate SSD and AP programs through the College Board
– Use the LMS to manage report cards, grades, and transcripts
– Organize and lead college tours for our students
– Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the counseling department programs, procedures, and services
– Assume other responsibilities in furtherance of our school’s mission and sense of community
– Master’s degree or higher; major in education and school counseling
– Virginia Department of Education Certification in school counseling
– Full-time experience as a high school counselor in an independent school
– College counseling experience required
– Exhibit excellent communication skills, both orally and written,
– Administrative and/or supervisory experience
– Demonstrated excellence working as a vital team member
– Outstanding planning and organization skills; ability to manage projects
– College admissions experience preferred
– Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
– Proficiency in Learning Management Systems and educational software
All prospective employees must consent to a background screening conducted by the school; employment is conditional on satisfactory results of the screening. Employees of Saint Gertrude High School must complete Virtus, a Diocesan-based child abuse training.
Job Title: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Alumnae Relations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Regular Hours: 20 hours/week; August 15 – June 15
The events coordinator engages in all aspects of event planning, coordination, and logistics in a busy school environment, and maintains an updated annual calendar of all events s/he will oversee. Under the supervision of the director of alumnae relations, the events coordinator will be responsible for event management across a number of offices and departments within Saint Gertrude. The events coordinator will partner with and serve the office of the head of school, the directors of alumnae relations, development, and admissions; the deans’ offices; athletics; performing and visual arts; and volunteer special event committees to ensure the delivery of successful events that meet event objectives as defined by those offices and departments.
The events coordinator will work with the above to design, develop, plan, coordinate, and execute major events in a manner consistent with and reflective of the mission of Saint Gertrude High School. Such events may take place both on-campus and off-campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
– Works with department and office personnel to develop annual calendar of events requiring the support of the events coordinator
– Assists department and office personnel in planning and budgeting each event, providing a written event plan for approval upon agreement
– Coordinates all event-related vendors and suppliers, including but not limited to catering and beverage services, entertainment/presenters; florist/decorations; lighting, sound and audio-visual; signage; photography; police/safety arrangements; ushers/ambassadors/volunteers; parking; seating; cashiers; and facilities set-up, tear down, and clean-up personnel
– Keeps track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting; presents contracts for signature to the appropriate school authority
– Assists department and office personnel in invitation planning, ordering and mailing as requested; assists with materials (e.g. program, ticket) printing as requested; supports marketing and communications with publicity and advertising initiatives as requested
– Prepares and maintains event budgets and provides periodic progress reports to appropriate directors or deans for each event project
– Supervises on-site at the event to ensure the timely and complete accomplishment of all set-up and support activities, including but not limited to pre-clean, deliveries, set-up, check-in/registration; check-out; and take-down and clean-up; and is available throughout the event to oversee all vendor and supplier activities
– Organizes post-event debrief meeting
– Provides written post-event evaluation and closing financial statement; proposes new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
Supervises vendors, suppliers, and volunteers
– The events coordinator should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build positive relationships with internal and external constituents and service providers.
– Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends (non-traditional hours)
– Knowledge of major event planning, etiquette, protocol, and conventional social amenities
– Knowledge of budget reconciliation
– Strong analytical and negotiation skills
– Highly organized
– Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments originating from a variety of staff and volunteers
– Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
– Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
– Excellent computer skills
– Ability to analyze situations and develop solutions on the spot
– Demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously
– Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
– Ability to manage volunteers and vendors effectively
– Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of people
– High level of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
– Completion of Diocesan VIRTUS initial training and all monthly updates throughout employment
– A belief in God, and an understanding and willingness to carry out the philosophy and mission of Saint Gertrude High School and the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Inc.
– A bachelor’s degree and three years directly-related experience (i.e. coordinating major events
– Experience supervising vendors, suppliers, and volunteers
Nothing in this job description restricts the school’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position is at will, which means that either the employee or the school may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
About Saint Gertrude High School:
Founded in 1922 by the Benedictine Sisters of Virginia, Saint Gertrude is an independent, all girl Catholic school defined by an innovative and rigorous liberal arts curriculum and a commitment to the Benedictine values of hospitality, stewardship and community service. The school attracts a diverse student population (approximately 250 students), and 100% of its graduates move on to university education. Saint Gertrude is located in the heart of the historic Museum District of Richmond, Virginia, allowing it to utilize a wide variety city institutions as “learning laboratories.”
Saint Gertude does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Veteran or member of the Reserves or National Guard.