Saint Gertrude High School, an independent Catholic, college-preparatory school, prepares and inspires young women to answer the challenges of their changing world.
Each SGHS alumna will go forward with the courage to make a positive impact on her community.
Our Core Values
- We live by Benedictine values of community, hospitality, and stewardship, finding strength in our prayerful spirituality, beauty in God’s creation, and joy in serving others.
- We create a diverse, nurturing and inclusive community in which together we make one another stronger.
- We develop the whole student by stimulating pursuit of intellectual excellence, physical well-being, expressive creativity and spiritual discovery.
- We exhibit high moral character in the way we show respect for ourselves and others.
- We serve as good stewards of the resources that are entrusted to us, ensuring opportunities for as many young women as possible, regardless of economic situation.
[su_quote cite=”Alison Titley, Saint Gertrude Class of 2010″]Although SGHS’s academics are outstanding, I believe that the values the school instills are what truly set it apart from other schools. The values of responsibility, community, and respect truly have been instilled in me throughout my years. The strong sense of community at Saint Gertrude has allowed these values to prosper, which is an impressive achievement in a world susceptible to bullying and abuse.[/su_quote]